Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sgt. James Crowley makes IDIOT OF MONTH

Sgt. James Crowley -- the Cambridge Mass cop who arrested a noted professor for disorderly conduct (professor was in own home at time and Crowley was supposedly there investigating an alleged break-in) -- has officially made it to racist asshole of the decade ... and idiot of the month.

Commenting on the story, President Obama said:
1. "I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry.
2. Number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home."
3. And number three — what I think we know separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that's just a fact."

To which Sgt. James Crowley responded:
"I think he (Obama) was way off base wading into a local issue without knowing all the facts as he himself stated before he made that comment. I guess a friend of mine would support my position, too."


OK ... any racist would side with another racist. So Crowley is probably correct about his friends supporting his position.

But let's look at the reported facts ...
1. a call about a break in was received and Crowley responded.
2. The professor had in fact found it necessary to force his way into his own home.
3. had the professor been white, the officer responding would have knocked on door, and asked for identification -- first verbally then, possibly, asked for an ID document.
4. A white man probably would only have said -- I'm ... this is my house ...
5. Being black, the professor needed to produce two ID's and was pissed at being questioned in his own home about having to force his own stuck front door.


GEE WIZ WILLY WONKA -- I'd sue the damned police department if they pulled that insulting crap on me. On the other hand, had the officer been polite and asked for confirming ID in the proper civilized manner, I'd probably have thanked him for the prompt response and civility of his manner.

But, because Crowley obviously doesn't see that he did anything a civilized society might deem wrong; because he has steadfastly refused to make a public apology; it is clear he is a racist asshole who deserves to be booted from the force -- along with any and all cop friends who support his position.



FULL DISCLOSURE: Yes I am pissed at this kind of cop -- primarily because I have two children at school in Cambridge & Boston. I really am not happy with having obviously stupid incompetent and racist police officers overseeing the protection of my children.

No comments: