Monday, April 29, 2013

Martha Stewart on Match.com?

This morning I watched a news video of an interview with Martha Stewart – seems she’s 71, single and looking…

Would be nice to have her as a girlfriend, love interest … she is rather good looking for her age.  For that matter, she would be good looking for a woman thirty years younger.

Damned … I mean, there are really a lot of old crones out there.  I’m 68 and have buried two of my four significant others… pickin’s is damned slim … especially if I hope to finally find someone who will out live me.

Of course there is a problem – she’s rich and famous. 

I’m not.

Back in 1978, I ran away from all that.  I turned my back on million dollar brownstone townhouse living … after showing I could, ran away from running a billion dollar real estate empire.   Of course, by then, I had already made every Who’s Who’s in the English speaking world.  An even dozen in the USA alone.

No bad for a guy who can’t read… a classic dyslexic… OK… so I can read… but slower than honey in a freezer.

Of course she wanted brains and height … I can provide that.  But what kind of demands would befall the guy who pairs with her?

More important – while she’s clearly a great corporate leader with an empire of books and TV shows built around the “Martha Stewart Living” franchise, what kind of lover would she be?  Is she good in bed?  Does she know how to love?

Anyway, I’m too set in my ways to leave my wee castle by the coast of Maine.  Over the past 35 years, I have yet to venture away to wherever the lady might be… I found ‘the one’ would always travel here both to meet, then, eventually stay.  Of course, I never initiate contact either… so there is absolutely NO chance of Martha ever gaining the benefit of knowing me.

 

No comments: