On 21 March 2013, The American Academy of Pediatrics announced its support for same-sex marriage as well as full foster care and adoption rights for same-sex couples.
It appears that the research has established
1. Gay couples, in contrast, generally have to plan to have babies, overcoming biological limits to adopt, find surrogates or sperm donors, or use in vitro fertilization methods
2. More than half of gay men and 41 percent of lesbians in the United States would like to adopt. That's a huge number of potential parents, far dwarfing the more than 100,000 adoptable kids stuck in foster care today.
3. Kids raised by gay and lesbian parents say their upbringing taught them open-mindedness and empathy.
4. Kids of gay parents appear to do well academically
5. An upbringing in a same-sex household can give kids a boost of confidence -- the kids of lesbians were more confident than the kids of straight parents.
So, in terms of families. it would seem that those who oppose same-sex marriage are really opposing the creation of confident, educated, and stable children. They are also in favor of foster care as opposed to children having loving parents. It would therefore seem to follow that the Catholic Church and various Christian denominations would lie about what is in scriptures and use those lies to oppose same-sex marriage.